A/C Stoped getting cold

pappakoss
35

Asked by pappakoss Jul 22, 2011 at 12:09 PM about the Ford Excursion

is there a filter in the Refrigerant line at the low pressure switch the system is charged fully Compressor seems to be cutting in and out like the system is low but when you try to add it will not take the gas it you let some gas out and jump the switch it will take the gas back but only cool for a second and with the jumper off it gos back to in and out and will not cool

papa

bad low pressure switch,replace that.pressure on low side should be 40 to 45 lbs.onley filter is the orfus tube,is inside line,no need to worrie about that.

pappakoss
35

Thanks papa I'm going to try that and thanks for your answer about my 2500HD hubs was worried because I test drove a 2001 Escalade AWD with the front excels out to try and locate a noise and the hub broke