how much does the ford excursion weigh?

Joshua Chilcott
175

Asked by Joshua May 01, 2009 at 06:10 PM about the Ford Excursion

I am wondering how much this truck weighs because I've heard elsewhere that the truck weighs 8,500lbs. I don't
believe that so I am asking the experts, you guys and girls. How much does the Ford Excursion weigh?

Kooperman
15

The Excursion's 8500lb 'commercial vehicle' sticker weight was a way for Ford to avoid CAFE standards for passenger vehicles. The actual gross weight is just over 7700lbs. ...And no, it won't fit in your garage! ;)

Joshua Chilcott
175

Thank you soo much for the info on my favourite truck. so it would be about 3-4 tons?

Kooperman
15

That's right. 7700lbs is 300 pounds short of 4 tons. And you're welcome.

Rats
95

Josh, It depends a little on what model. If you have a 2-Whl Drive, V-8 model (6,650 Lbs) or up to the 4-Whl Drive, 7.3 Diesel model at just over (7,700 Lbs) plus 44 gallons (275 Lbs) of fuel and any add-ons, like over sized wheels and tires, winch, and so on? Mine averages (8,400 Lbs) across the scale... Enjoy it, Rats