replace starter

johndouglasbell
0

Asked by johndouglasbell Nov 07, 2010 at 08:48 AM about the Ford Escape

How do you replace the starter on a Ford Escape with a 2.0 4cylinder, manual transmission.

johndouglasbell
0

I got the 3 starter bolts out but I tried for hours to get the leads disconnected but cannot get them off the starter. I have tried from the top and the bottom w/out success. Has anyone else doine this and is there a trick to it that I havent found yet.

papa

all you have to do is push up on it twist and turn until it hits the sweet spot,then it will come out.is a PITA job.