How many miles before breakdown?

danimcg
0

Asked by danimcg Jul 04, 2010 at 10:13 PM about the Ford Crown Victoria

I was looking into buying a Ford Crown Victoria, but was wondering how many miles does the engine do before it break down? 200.000? 250.000?

Thanks

papa

depends on how the car has been taken care of serviced reguraly,thing is you never know when a car will break down.but mantaince is key to any vehicle.

André Laurence
105

The other response is correct, but your question is a little vague. If you are wondering what the life expectancy is on the 4.6L 2V that can be found in the police interceptor, then depending on the maintenace (usually excellent) and depending on what the car was used for (city or highway) you can figure up to around 500,000km. I bought my 2006 P71 with 200,000km and it runs as smoothe as silk, I love my car. Maintenance is the key on any car. A new car with 50,000km that had no maintenance will be far worse than my well maintainted 210,000km. Of course, certain makes and models are more resilient than others and the Crown Vic is known for its reliability.

Fordtudor37
3,235

Simply depends on how good you maintain it.

6,515

I've been working on this engine since it went into production. Typically, the 4.6L 2V either seizes up before it gets off the transport truck or it runs well over 300,000 miles. Almost no in between. Maintenance is critical - so is 5w/20. We retire our Police Cruisers at 150,000 miles - not because of the Engine, but because of the Frame! Our Patrol cars can see some very severe service between the Mojave Desert, the Mountains and Metro use. Almost never an engine problem - now the transmission and Axles are a different story.

Chull
10

I have a 95 crown victoria lx. 275k miles and going strong. I have changed oil every 5,000 miles. I have always used conventional oil 10w30. I on original transmission. Only problem is worn out door hinges, only a $20 fix. Love the car.