What are the pros & cons when considering the purchase of a used Corporate/Leased vehicle?

JacKOozy
25

Asked by JacKOozy Oct 24, 2012 at 05:12 AM about the Toyota Highlander

Dealer selling this vechicle for 14K but main concern is the high mileage of 137900. The car is loaded with a lot of nice options and I still need to check it out but this dealership is 100 miles away. This is one of the cheapest cars I've found with all these options because most others with less mileage are priced  thousand dollars more.

68,205

Tough to know whithout checking it out. If you like what you see when you get out there, I'd have a PPI completed. Pre-Purchase Inspection at a seperate dealer or mechanic to have them look it over for you if something is glaringly wrong. Worth the extra $100 if your serious.

DavidH25

That is an excellent answer from Tom. Ditto.

Francis Lapointe
205

You have to make sur all the servicing has been done! Timing belt, etc. Sometimes it's better to pay a bit more to get one with less mileage. Else after a year you can end up haviing high maintenance fees.

Francis Lapointe
205

CONS = a lot of different drivers used the car and didn't care about it. High mileage vehicles. Does the vehicle was often fully loaded or it was highway mileage? They preobably didn't car about scratches or paint. Resell Value Low. PROS = Servicing should have been done. Cheaper to buy.