start my car but not cranking, my battery is good what is the problem

cirilo_guzman
20

Asked by cirilo_guzman Mar 22, 2013 at 05:19 AM about the Toyota Camry

toyota camry le 2006

cirilo_guzman
20

I guess your relay is busted need to renew and check the fuses in the fusebox.

DavidH25

Could be, but what relay? Let's go back to basics. It's either fuel or spark. Your OBD codes can be read without the engine running, the faults are stored to be scanned at any time. With the limited information I have, that's my best suggestion, buy, borrow, steal, (just kidding don't do that) an OBD scanner and see what fault codes appear. The OBD port is under the dash, right under steering wheel

DavidH25

PS you say your battery is good, OK, but are the terminals clean, no corrosion? Do you hear anything, anything at all when you try to start it? Another possibility is your anti theft system needs to be re programmed. If you had the battery out it must be re set to the key

DavidH25

Close all of the doors and the windows on your car. Lock and unlock the driver's door with your key and enter the car and close the door behind you. Insert your key into the ignition and do not turn it. Wait for the security light to turn on and leave your key in the ignition for 15 seconds. Remove the key, wait for the light to turn off and wait 30 seconds to open the door to end the programming sequence.

Nancy Williams
20

What if the light will not turn on

Gloria Scales
20

What if you have push button start.