does any one feel that an audi will be safer in a crash then an toyota or a honda

Brandon Winkler

Asked by Brandon Apr 22, 2009 at 11:00 PM about the Audi A4 Avant

No way. only Toyota of the three survives bad crashes. Look at the crash tests and talk to people who had accidents. My friend's RAV saved his life and the two other cars that were in the accident 9one was bmw, i cant remember the other make) did not do that good.

Gavin Hamilton-Green

wife was side swiped by a truck , and if it was any other car , they would have had serious injury , but got out unscathed

I haven't done the official tests, but I can tell you from personal experience that Toyota's and Honda's rust a lot faster than any Audi that I've ever had. A rusted crumple zone is not as safe as a new one. The most important factor is that given a similar model, Audi's handle better and stop better than lesser cars. You are more likely to be able to avoid accidents in the first place.

Joe Bernardino

Absolutely... I was a human crash dummy ... I slid my 2000 A4 1.8tQ into a telephone pole, side airbag deployed, car stalled out, started it up and drove it back to my house and to the body shop the following day.... Truth be told, the car was totaled but it took a hit and protected the driver. I only sustained superficial burns from the airbag igniter.

David Gross

i was in a head on collision in my 98 A4 in the snow at about 40 mph each direction with no way of slowing down. the woman in her nissan maxima (wearing a seat belt) was taken away in an ambulance and myself (no seat belt, haters can hate) got out of the car and helped her out of her car while calling 911 with my free hand then applied pressure to the back of her bleeding head while waiting for the ambulance. you can say what you want but your friend in the RAV4 was in an suv way above the impact zone while the bmw probably went under their bumper. volkswagens are tanks.

Gavin Hamilton-Green

I was side swiped by a truck in my Audi , and i firmly believe that had it been any other car , we would have been part of the tar-mac , but got off with no injuries .