My central locking has failed on my A4 Avant - there is power to the bi pressure pump but every time I press my remote control it sounds like the pump is running for 10 to 15 seconds but it is not operating the door locks - is there an absolute way to check if it is the pump or could it be something else? thanks

Mike66
0

Asked by Mike66 Mar 07, 2007 at 05:09 AM about the Audi A4 Avant

LouB
15,000

Hi Mike 66. It sure sounds like it's the pump. You could give a call to the local Audi Dealer's service desk and they might be able to give you a few things to look for other than the pump but I think that's where you will end up eventually. Good luck!

Tom Widdowson
30

Try blowing compressed air down the pipes to see if it locks and unlocks and if this works u will need a new pump.

Bobby Imperial
25

I recently changed the pump and it works fine. Thanks to the guys from Audiworld for all the tech articles. Here's a link on how to replace the pump. Good Luck! http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec.html

Gavin Hamilton-Green
25

the central locking system has a small bakalite gear inside which does strip.find one at a scrap yard , or new , but remember to have the keys set if you buy new , very costly though .