between 98 and 02 which seems to be the most reliable MPV?

mbraden72
0

Asked by mbraden72 Feb 23, 2010 at 02:33 PM about the Mazda MPV

Looking to buy a used Mazda MPV and would like some feedback on which model year between 1998(FWD) and 2002 seem to be the most reliable.Have read many reviews and some problems: ie rear heater hoses etc.......I live in Canada if that makes any difference in the build quality or standard features.
Thank You
Mike

genevecie
0

I have a 98 Mazda MPV. She has been to hell and back with me. I bought it for 1200 dollars on the auction block about four years ago. from going in the ocean to sand dunes, snow boarding, hauling hunting equipment and deer, logs, my four kayaks, hauling my motorcycle, and everthing in between. You can do oil changes yourself in about five minutes without a jack, brake work is a piece of cake. only problem i have is I am always finding something new to do with it and sometimes i dont have the time.

ttdsgnr5
80

The older 1998 MPVs seem to be more reliable and practical enough over all whereas the newer 2000+ models are more refined, more versatile and had more power. The 1998 and older MPVs were rear wheel drive and offered an optional 4WD system. 2000 and newer were front wheel drive only. Regardless of which one you choose, these are the best handling minivans out there. Period.