Will the next genreation TTS offer a 6 speed manual?

Chudwarrior
0

Asked by Chudwarrior Jan 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM about the Audi TTS

I agree about the great middle ground the TT-S represents between the TT and the TT-RS. The TT is slow and the TT-RS is expensive and I could not justify driving it every day of the year. The cost to maintain it would not be too good either. I have owned two TTs, both AWD with manual transmissions. I have driven cars with paddle shifters before and they do nothing for me. Audi is usually good about offering manuals in their cars. Why not at least offer some in limited numbers in this car? It is a sporty car after all. I can't forgive Audi for not offering the TT-S with a manual transmission. I'm hoping they will change this with the next one. Although I doubt I will be patient enough to wait until 2016 even if they do.

45,675

With the efficiency demands in the coming years, Audi and many other car makers will have to offer manual transmission to increase their fleet averages. Expect to see multiple overdrive gears, free wheel coasting and electrical regeneration.