what would make my car stop running while i was in gear running down the freeway?

Balentin
0

Asked by Balentin Apr 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM about the Mazda MAZDA6

I was driving down the freeway and i was in 5th gear when all of sudden i lost power, i was pushing the gas but the rpms kept comeing down, then i truned it off and restarted it and it ran again

aztec626bf
6,545

This could be any number of issues. The fact that it started back up again makes it even harder to trouble-shoot. Do you have any engine codes? Has it done it again? If so did it start up again? Do you notice anything else? Answers to these might help myself or someone else in CarGurus pinpoint a problem.

lbaker0120
25

Spark, gas, or air. If you can find some place to check your computer, that may let you know what is up. I had that happen to me in my old '92 Integra and it turned out to be a bad distributor.

Paul Wilson
445

its the fuel pump. i had the same thing happen to mine. took me 3 years to troubleshoot. it would work then fail then work at random times and it was never broken when i was testing it. i thought i had a bad ecu, harness, injectors.. it turned out to be the pump.