can i paint the background frontlights of my mazda6??? i want it black!!!

Juan Andres Sepulveda Fulgencio
15

Asked by Juan Andres Dec 10, 2010 at 07:43 AM about the Mazda MAZDA6

i think it's cheaper than buy new one

Sean Sweet
355

Don't blame me if this fails: You may be able to use a heat gun or oven to "bake" the housing apart. (search BMW forums for Angel Eye Conversion) I've seen a walkthrough before for the '97-'00 E39 5 series, but you would be risking the housings would not work again, or possible the reconnection would not be sealed / condensation would get inside. Some of that you might get with the aftermarket housings too. might search a Mazda forum as well. Quick Google Search for Angel Eyes ring oven got me this: http://www.freecarkits.com/angeleyes.htm Hope this helps FWIW.

Mike Kelley
55

well, yes you can paint the backing for the lights, but taking the housing out is a bitch...i just replaced the foglights in mine and it was hard enough doing that. the only way i know how to get the housing out involves removing the front bumper and that's hard b/c instead of bolts or screws, they use these stupid little plastic clips that you have to break off in order to remove the bumper....its rough but its possible. hope this helps