im 17 with a job and a annual income of 800 a month . i know i cant get a car till i turn 18 but if i have the money to pay is there any way i could ent a car? cause i dont have anyone to sign for me.

parispass
0

Asked by parispass Dec 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM about the Chevrolet Cruze

62,435

You can't rent a car at any age without a credit card.

Kristina Dwyer
165

"tenspeed": That depends on the state. "parispass": In most states, you are not allowed to rent a car until you're 21 (with young renters fee - up to $25/day, 25 without). I just turned 24 last month. I have to wait 11mos more until I can rent from the Prestige or Adrenaline Collections at Hertz. Some places are strict and you have to wait until you're 25. Rental car places don't trust kids to drive their cars because of the high DUI and crash rates. It's bad for their insurance. If you want to drive so bad, why not use your family member's car? Why not save your money for bills or to get your own car. I was 22 when I bought my first car and my husband and I were still stretching money to make it work, but it's better than renting a car constantly. With renting a car, you have to pay a $200+ deposit (you get back when you return the car), the money for the rental car, insurance on it (much needed), and gas. With your own car, you just have to worry about maintenance and gas. Think about it.