HONDA CROSSTOUR BRAKE? PROBLEM

DONALDF74
10

Asked by DONALDF74 Sep 28, 2011 at 01:49 PM about the Honda Accord Crosstour

Recently my Crosstour slowed down but the engine rpm was increasing.  I had
been going about 65mph at just over 2000rpm and suddenly the car slowed to
about 45 and the rpm increased to over 3000.   After maybe 200yds the car sped
upend the rpm returned to normal.  This happened twice more  on the same day.  
The next time there was a severe vibration in the steering wheel when I applied
the brakes and once more everything returned to normal.  I'm going to take the
car to my dealer tomorrow (I'm not driving it now).  But I want to be armed with
any information anyone can provide me and I'd like to hear form anyone with the
same problem.

DONALDF74
10

No one! Am I the only Crosstour owner here? No one else with the Accord drive system with a similar problem! Honda USA and my local dealer say so!

crosstournh
10

I have noticed my 2010 4WD EXL doing something similar, the engine speed will drastically increase when i am going downhill with my foot off the gas and brake, I have had however severe vibrations in the steering wheel at hi way speeds and when brakeing, it is in the shop today having the rear brakes and rotors replaced at 16k miles after fighting with honda, I have also had the tires replaced and it still has not resolved my vibration issues, starting to think that this is just a honda trait. They gave me a 2011 camry for a rental and I cannot beleiev how much smoother this car rides than my 34k crosstour, very disapointing.

DONALDF74
10

Thanks for your reply. This is my fourth Honda and I've never had a problem at all with the other three. The "vibration" I feel is more like a shimmy in the front end. My steering wheel jerked back and forth one time when the car started slowing down. Something in the computer system is applying the brakes. I was at my dealer last week but they asked me to bring it in early so they can check out all the systems. Honda's main office won't let me talk to a technician. The dealer technician can call them and maybe get help with a problem. They wont be able to recreate the problem but I'm hoping they can find a fault in the computer. You're right about the Camry's smooth ride and the acceleration is smoother and quieter. I'm going to trade my Honda for a Camry or a GMC P/U. I'll loose an arm and a leg but I have to do it. Good luck with getting yours repaired.

Gmansmith
95

sounds to me like something in the cruise control is messed up. My 01 dodge has done the samething in the passed and and i had to replace the control module for the cruise control

DONALDF74
10

Thanks for that information about the cruise. The CC wasn't on but if it malfunctioned it might cause the problem I had. I haven't been back to the dealer yet but I'll have to take it in soon. I'd hate to get out on the hwy. and get stranded.

tmeinva
10

tmeinva I have a 2010 Crosstour. Since 10k I complained about brake shudder and vibration. They first cut the rotors, then 7k later they replaced them, but said there was no need to replace the pads since they were 75%. Guess they never got the message that when you replace rotors you replace pads since they have a rotor wea pattern. Another 5k miles and the shuddeer came back. Since Honda doesn't warranty brakes they were happy to replace everything for $800.00. Needless to say, I went online and purchased Okebono brake pads & OEM front & rear rotors for $275.00. No brake shudder or fade for the last 13k miles.