how much should i except to pay for a oil change in a 2012 terrain,it takes synthetic

mrwendell
0

Asked by mrwendell Dec 29, 2012 at 01:52 AM about the GMC Terrain

119,185

A couple dollars more than a normal oil change. Call around for the best price in your area.

Richard Schroer
4,275

anywhere from 42-50 dollars depending on your area.

califcarson
5,375

depends on the type of oil. Synthetic oil costs more but lasts longer between changes. Multiply the cost of the oil per quart times the amount putting in, and add the cost of the filter. Double the cost of the parts, and that should be the labor costs. Dealers will charge more, but nearly 100% are trustworthy. They also give a free safety inspection with your service. Remember you get what you pay for. I only go to a trusted garage to have my oil changed. I at times tell them what type of oil or weight I want, and they will do it. Also ask the garage what type of oil and kind they are putting in. Factory recommends a specific brand, like MBZ recommends Mobil 1 synthetic only. Some warranties will be voided if that is not followed. Yes it may cost more, but if you have a repair contract, and need to use it, it is worth it. (experience here)