Should we leave our Volt pugged in when we go on vacation?

marl
0

Asked by marl Jun 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM about the Chevrolet Volt

We'll be gone for two weeks and our Volt will be sitting in the garage.  It's expected to be hot here for at least some of the two weeks.  Should we leave the Volt plugged in, fill the gas tank and leave the Volt unplugged, or what?  We have a 2012, but that's not an option yet on "Select Year."

trip65

you dont want to leave anything plugged in when you're not there unless you want to come home to a pile of ashes.

Jason Zane
4,025

i too would keep it unplugged, it should not leak out much charge in that time period plus it takes in high current; unwatched, there can be trouble. just charge it when you return. no need to fill the gas tank either, best to fill after the trip. happy trails!

Matt Hill
1,125

Two weeks isnt that long of a period for a vehicle to sit so the only thing I would do would be to charge it before I left but I would not leave it plugged in while I was gone.