How to replace the instrument cluster on a 1995 Corvette

flybird
0

Asked by flybird Aug 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM about the Chevrolet Corvette

The LCD display for the speedometer/odometer is dim. I want to replace the entire cluster. Are there any codes or setting adjustments required for the replacement? Is there a bulb only to replace for illumination of the digital section?

Fordtudor37
4,425

There should be a way to increase the dash illumination. Did you look up a way to "Increase or Decrease Dash Illumination" or "Replace Dash Lights" in the Owners Manual or online at www.eBooks.com yet ? After you read the Owners Manual or a service manual, get in the auto and cover both the dash cluster and your head with a dark blanket to see if the light "Intensity" increases or if you need to replace a bulb. Dash Cluster replacement is something to be done "last" as you want no interruptions due all the screws and wiring to be removed and re-installed.