i have a 1978 corvette that i am working on the steering column. the manual tells me in order to remove the key lock cylinder that i have to insert a thin blade or driver into the slot in the trun signal switch housing. then it tells me to break the housing flash loose and at the same time depress the spring latch and hold it down to withdraw the lock cylinder from the housing. what is the housing flash that the manual is speaking of? can you send me a diagram of this? thank you.

cowboy
0

Asked by cowboy Jan 10, 2007 at 03:19 AM about the Chevrolet Corvette

10,415

Hello, I have been unable to find you such a diagram online. Your best bet is to purchase a Chiltons or Haynes manual. You can usually find these for less money on eBay. Here is a link to a search to get you started: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=1972+corvette+manual&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=02129&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fpos=02129&lsot=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&fpos=02129 Best of luck! CarGrrl