Is a dealer allowed to post the price of the vehicle on your site, then when they are called, increase the price by $500?

JJHodge
0

Asked by JJHodge Jun 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM about the Kia Sportage

Found a 1997 Kia Sportage on your site, Listed under Beach Auto Sales, Virginia Beach, VA. Car listed for $3495.00 and when we called them, they increased the price by $500.00.

113,835

Anything is possible. They are using the bait and switch tactic. Offer a sweet deal then raise the price. Is it fair or moral? No, but it's done. Negotiate with them or walk the other way.

Best Answer
JJHXK8
140

First of all ...that is far too much for a 14 year old Kia ...sheesh ...you can buy a 14 year old BMW 7 series for that price!!! Walk away is my advice! This dealer has proved themselves to be dishonest. If enough people do NOT patronize those dealers that are baiting ...they just may stop. I suggest you buy private & save yourself some money. You may know not or trust the private seller ...but this dealer has already exhibited non-trust-worthy tactics ...so I personally would not spend my money there . In closing ...compare ...compare ...compare! You will find a '97 Kia cheaper than THAT!