how to open car when battery is dead

smiles995
0

Asked by smiles995 Jul 29, 2007 at 08:49 PM about the BMW 7 Series

i cant open the car door. my battery is dead

mr_dan_mule
535

Ahhh Electronics ... Try contacting your local BMW dealership to find out what you can do to resolve your issue.

Grant McMeekin
95

This happened to me you have to put the key in and turn it half way, then open the handle then it should open... my battery used to die like every week.

Tom Le
825

but down the remote find the key and stick it in the hole at the door. turn the key and walla! door is open...

Zain Hanif
35

do it from the passenger door hold the handle up a bit

Paula Panda
125

very easy to open doors when the battery is dead jack up the car a little bit hook positive battery cable to starter from ur battery charger and then hook negative to the body then plug in and wait about five minutes and then unlock ur doors

lweems
670

Ok, I have the same problem. The door wont open cause the battery is dead. There is no key entry on the passager side and you can not open the hood because you have to pop it from the inside. So.... What are my options at this point??? Any answers?

noleman2323
70

Hi TOM, Thank you for your infinite wisdom, however, your logic is severely flawed. You assume all door have a mechanical lock, when in fact many newer models only have electronic locks, hence my FREAKIN DOOR WONT UNLOCK!!!!!! Don't you think I would have tried the key you JACKASS!!] If you didnt already guess, I am having the exact same problem with my nissan 350z, the dealership told me to have it towed there and they can remove the engine pan to expose the trunk latch where they can open the trunk and charge the battery.

Matt Mankinen
1,785

I didn't see what year model in description, just 7 series. I know with the E32 chassis, which the hood is hinged from the front, you can use a metal coat hangar and bend a sharp hook at one end and straighten out the rest. Used it to grab the cable that releases the hood latch. Get the hooked end around the cable housing and give it a little pull and it should release.

Matt Mankinen
1,785

WELL... Did you try it???????????????????????????????????????

anjy834u
3,115

check with ur dealer. http://bmw7series.org/

rogerknight2
10

We had this problem here at the used car dealership I work at. We had a locksmith trying everything to get it open then I had the idea of getting a long lock-out rod to open the hood latch inside the car. He brought a longer lock-out rod- kit and opened the hood, connected a battery booster and used the unlock button on the key and vualla, the doors all unlocked. We put a new battery and I had the idea to put a secret hood latch sting in the bumper to open it from the outside if it happens again

rogerknight2
10

rafikhanna
30

Sir I know it is to lat, But can you help me, I also had this problem and also I lost my Manuel key, can you help me how can I open this dame trunk? Pls. if you read it can you send me, at rafk_hanna@yahoo.com or I appreciate a call at´╗┐ 6045374099 Rafik Hanna Coquitlem , BC, Canada