intermittened loose power to my dash board

juventus53
20

Asked by juventus53 Feb 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM about the BMW 3 Series

I have a 325IS 1994 BMW.  As I am driving all of the sudden all my instrument panel lights up and does not register anything.  Also once in a while the windshield wipers will not work.  Than all is respored.  They do not act at the same time, sometime the windshield wipers do not work and other times my instrument panel.

judge_roy

Loose connector at firewall.

DavidH25

Hmmmm....First thing comes to mind is a ground issue... in the instrument panel, behind the cluster or in the fuse box. 19 year old car, even as well engineered as bimmer, that can happen. I am being no help, because I don't a a fix for you. Unless you are a DIY person, shop time. Bob has a good idea there, look at the firewall, under hood behind motor for loose wire(s)

John Sturman
1,035

check the conector on the firewall and your earth posts that are on the bulkhead behind the dash and clocks it requires a bit of dissasembly and removal of glove box etc but odds are it is a bad earth/frayed wire to earth causing intermittant fault it took 2 days to trace one on an e30 m3 and it turned out to be a wire where it passed through the bulkhead the grommit had worn and chaffed the loomwhere it passed through it