Model Life

Mauricek
0

Asked by Mauricek Dec 28, 2008 at 06:36 AM about the Honda Edix

Is this model likely to be discontinued or updated in the next couple of years?

Logan Saunders
1,270

Unless I'm mistaken, the Edix would be the Honda "FIT" in the USA? I highly doubt if Honda discontinues that model anytime soon. The Civic formerly filled the area now occupied by the FIT; Civic Hatchback, Civic HF, older version of the Civic SI in the hatch. However, the Civic has gotten larger, more refined and more expensive over the years. It really outgrew the class it was originally intended for. So..it was replaced by the FIT to retain that market. (Just my opinion.) The FIT is selling pretty good and Honda just revised it somewhat for the 2nd generation FIT. The last time Honda discontinued a Model and replaced it with something else was in 1991/1992. They killed the CRX which was doing well and replaced it with the Del Sol. The Del Sol died on the vine. Expect the FIT to be here for a LONG TIME and any changes will be improvements.