1999 Cadillac Eldorado Noise in Door

kb62
0

Asked by kb62 Apr 25, 2013 at 03:13 PM about the Cadillac Eldorado

I purchased a 1999 Cadillac Edorado with 18,000 original miles last fall from a private owner. Recently there has been an annoying noise that sounds like water running through a pipe coming that seems to be coming from the drivers door. It stops for a second and then continues if I push down on the button to roll the window up (when the windows are alreay up) or sometimes it will stop for a second when I step down on the gas. Otherwise it is continuous. Any suggestions?

45,555

I would remove the drivers door control panel and unplug the electrical connector. You have a window motor, a lock solenoid and a radio speaker in the door. It has to be one of them getting some sort of electrical signal that's making the noise.

7jimmy7
9,345

it may be half filled with water ,punch a hole in bottom of door. you may have a swimming pool on board!

ironmike1661
5

I have this same problem with my passenger door. It sounds just like water draining into a pipe, very odd. I actually completely dismantled my door to investigate to no avail. If you discover the problem please post, I'm interested in discovering what you find out.