What Raider do you have?

Matt Thibault
735

Asked by Matt Feb 12, 2009 at 08:15 AM about the Dodge Raider

I always find it interesting when I see or hear of other Raiders in existance. In Canada, there are very few of these machines left.

Mine is a 1989 V6 with the 5-speed (V5MT1), Blue  (actually, the club logo is MY truck), and is currently undergoing a complete resto-mod. The 3.0L has been completely re-built, from crank bearings to valve cover gaskets, and I'm currently working on the transmission/transfercase. When I'm done that, I'll be replacing suspension, brake, and interior components, along with a massive amount of body work.

So what truck does everyone else have?

RON8789
10

Canada EH! Are you looking for any parts? I have spare 87 silver raider for parts. Oshawa area -own 89 V6 5sp. and two 87 4cyl. One on the road.

cowboy2
0

Looking for a heater control valve, manual linkage, can you help?

raiderlover
65

hi there i kind ofneed this little list of things; full length of the exaust, the little radiator in the front right corner that is for the 4x4 cooling system, (mine is leaking and its easier just to get a new one), and also a rear wiper motor. oh yeah, i might need a battery. mine is getting old and it wont hold a charge so if you have one that still holds a charge and you don't need it then i would also like to get that from you too. thanx. Mike aka raiderlover

raiderlover
65

to mat58 i got a nice little ol 1987 dodge raider silver ALL ORIGINAL i have not done any mods on it because i think it's just fine the way it is. even though i would like to do a couple of mods i cant really afford it right now though. you got a nice raider. i hope that all the renos turn out good for ya

joshraider
20

wow a neat club. My son has an 89 red v-6 all original runs great very little rust right now I'm replacing brake lines rear brakes etc. need tip on replacing gas lines. Just calbe tie new flexible hoses? what to watch out for or what else will i need gas tank nipples ?

comando4x4
0

hey Ron I need the transfer case cover where both shifters for the manual tranny and t/c are located, would you sell it and how much. can you send a photo of the top of the transfer case.

big_country
0

Desperate!!!!! I need several parts. Need for my 89 raider , Wiper motor and linkage assy, Passangers mirror to start with. Let me know if anyone has any thing I might need.

Dougsraider
0

My Raider has the exact same color scheme as yours,however I bought it new in 1989. It is a 3.0 automatic with all the bells and whistles offered at that time. I have never had any big problems and never had a better 4x4 including my f150. It has 145,000 miles and kicking, all original.

hotdog
0

I have an original 87-89 dodge raider w/V-6 5speed. about 150'000 miles, in very good condition. I still drive it. no rust with no body damage. I was thinking about selling if someone wants one. my email is hotdog @midplains.coop

MOJOMAN
5

I have an 87 4cyl,auto, all stock for now. Trucks in great shape with about 110 000kms. I'm looking for a few odds and ends myself, factory skid plates, maybe an extra set of rims, custom roof rack and some offroad lights.

Marty Sederberg
20

Hey, we have a couple, but i have an 88 four cyl 5spd that is sitting for parts. The donor is for body parts on our 89 v6, so all of the 4cyl mechanical parts are up for grabs. Feel free to email at urbandwelling@gmail.com if you have any questions.

oldcarman002000
0

I have a 87 4cyl I am getting gas in the oil (A LOT) replaced the fuel pump nothing. Anyone have that problem also and what was the answer... ThankYou... oldcarman002000@yahoo.com

armboy
20

First off nice forum! I have an 87 raider with a 2.5l turbo diesel swapped with 25psi boost (was formerly the 2.6l gasser)...t-bars cranked and yoda shackles at the back...sick truck just finished bedlining/undercoating and am working on the wiring a bit (stereo etc.) could anyone tell me where the factory horn is? (not in my book :( is it by the windshield washer fluid resevoir in the I4? also I need rear bump stops so if anyone has a parts rig and would be willing to help me out i would be most appreciative and will hook you up! thanks Carlin

4X4KINDAGIRL
30

I just got my 1989 Raider. 3.0L, 5 speed, 4X4. I havent had a problem like this, but I have a problem once in a while with it starting. The check engine light comes on and goes off periodically, sometimes several times on the same trip. Sometimes I have to let it sit for an hour, sometimes pumping the gas works, sometimes it acts like it is flooding itself out without touching the accelerator. Any help would be great!

allenderk
25

I have an 87 4cyl ( rebuilt) auto 117,000 good interior, some dents, black and gold. And an 88 4cyl,auto, bad head 88,000 great body and interior ok. I'm thinking of fixing the head and trying to get the 88 going...or swapping the parts out and just making one. I do wish one was a 5-speed though.

rdwoolv
0

I have just got a 1986 or 1987 raider . I don;t have the ownership yet but the vin plate says it was made in Oct. 1986. It has a 2.6 l engine which I have noy yet found out where the oil dipstick is . I live in Ontario Canada and this vehicle was made in Japan and was made for Canadian emmission specs . Not to bad of shape . Needs some work but very restorable . Bob

Eric Nelson
55

Ive got an 88 5 speed 2.6 and there are two others that I know of in my area

MOJOMAN
5

Hey Bob, Yours is probably an 87. Mine says made in October 86 as well, buts its an 87 on the ownership. The dipstick is on the left side (passenger) right beside the oil filter. Where in Ontario are ya? I'm in Brantford! Shawn

rdwoolv
0

Hi Shawn : I am just north of Sarnia in a small community called Camalachie. I bought the raider from a guy who had it for his hunt camp . Needs some work , but not too bad . I have to bring it home from Wiarton area when I get use of a car trailer .I will have to look a lot more carefully for that dipstick beside the oil filter because I did not see it there and neither did my son . Maybe they had it plugged , we will look again when I get up to Wiarton in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info on the year . I will try to get an ownership from the MTO .

87Draider
10

I have a 1987 Raider with a 2.6L in it and I love it! I have done a few mods to it. It now has rugged ridge manual hubs, I did a balance rod cancel kit (I highly recommend this!). It has a new pioneer stereo deck with 2 alpine 6x9's and 2 pioneer 6x6"s as well as a 12" Subwoofer in the back. Put in some nice camo and browning floor mats and steering wheel cover hoping to do seat covers as well as head liner. had a new custom exhaust put in with a Thrush muffler. The newest addition is t a roof basket with 2 HID fog lamps a bar jack and shovel(not in the picture at this time) . soon to come i hope is smoked hella 500 series fog lamps for the front bumper as well as a brush guard and winch. Also thinking about some diamond plating for the around the tail lights similar to a jeep with light guards as well? maybe do the rocker panels in it as well or in camo, maybe even rhino line it? Any thoughts on this?

rdwoolv
0

Thanks for replying . Your Raider sounds like it is in good shape . I am amazed at how heavy duty these Raiders are .My front wheels are 6 bolt with a heavy front differential . I seen a picture recently of an International Scout that look very similar to the Raider . I hope to fix mine up and take the body off and clean things up and do a repaint inside and out . I will not reinstall any carpets but just keep it a little rugged .Thanks Bob

raidin4fun
55

Hey 87Draider, I have an "87 white 5spd 2.6 same as yours. I am really interested in finding out more on your rugged ridge manual lockout hubs. The OEM auto lockers are just not going to cut it. I have bought rugged ridge products before for my cherokee and have been very pleased with the outcome. I am wondering if i order those right off of their website? thanks jake

87Draider
10

uh Im not sure I know that the fella I bought it from ordered them online he just hadn't installed them so they were new in the box and i bought them off him with the raider and installed them. however I don't think i did mine right as one is rather stiff but i'm pretty sure I found more online by searching manual hubs for dodge raider.

raidin4fun
55

Well thanks for the reply. I will go online and search some more. If u wouldnt mind i would like some info on the balance rod cancel kit. Are these the rods that are driven by the silent chains? I don't really know to much about that aspect of the motor. Really any info on it would be helpful. Thanks

raidin4fun
55

Random question i just did an interior swap out of an 89 to an 87. All my lights worked fine then i swapped my dash out. I used the original 87 gauge cluster and original oil temp cluster but now i have no lights out back. Everything upfront works fine(headlights and hazards) but nothing outback. Any feedback is welcome. thanks

87Draider
10

I think that is right they were meant to quiet the engine and they were a total design flaw so the cancel kit is a good idea. but not really sure where to find it i think i ordered it through a local parts store if I remember right.

RDRV6
10

1989 Raider - N-W Canada; V6-5 speed manual; owned since new; having problems with left rear axle seal leaking; have had 2 shops try to fix, unsuccessfully; costs getting a bit much; any ideas how to permanently fix?

TexasDuke
0

I have a 1987 4x4 all original Texas No rust Raider...........4 cyl 5 speed........if anyone is interested i would sell her for $1500.00

Trucker113
10

I have an 87 and 88 that we drive daily. Also have 88 we use just off road. Two auto and one is standard. Looking for fuel tanks if anyone has one roycarson58@yahoo.ca

yukon123
0

I have a 1989 v6 red raider for sale. rusty underneath gas tank leaks about 70.000 on motor half of that was behind a RV. motor runs great. I want to sell. kroll@maqs.net thanks Chris