Cruise Control does not work in my 2004 Yukon Denali - not the fuse

tomitoss
5

Asked by tomitoss Dec 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM about the GMC Yukon Denali

The cruise control does not work in my 2004 Yukon Denali. I checked and replaced the fuse in the driver's side compartment - still doesn't work. What else can I do outside of taking it to a dealer?

judge_roy

these systems are "touch and go" because they don't want you to accelerate in an impending doom collision situation....in that light the Brake pedal has a switch on it for the purpose of makin' sure that the pedal ain't depressed...on yours may be the same as the brake switch...perhaps an additional set of contacts...I know nissan has got two switches one for the cruise, but have not researched your archetecture...but with an inspection mirror you can see if any adjustments are permitted....for this is the thing that will touch off the "touchNgo" system there~

judge_roy

okay, we're whippin' a dead horse here as this has NO adjustments....that I can see...perhaps the mounting plate moves? you've gotta have someone stand behind the vehicle and holler if the lights come on/go off....this will enable us to narrow down our search for the touch and go system....bein' touched off~ https://www.google.com/#q=2004+Yukon+Denali+brake+light+switch&tbm =shop