why wont my truck start now after i put gas in

yourmarklar
10

Asked by yourmarklar Apr 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM about the GMC Sierra 1500

drove my 03 sierra to the gas station and after i put gas in it stalled on me as i was driving away, it started and stalled a few times but now it just wont start, what could cause this? pleez help

14,165

Here are a few things to check, did you get good fuel at the station first of all, next check if your fuel filter is good, you might want to get a fuel sample if you take the filter off and that will tell you if your fuel pump is operating when you first turn the key on, make sure there are no sources of ignition any where close as you no doubt will spill some fuel doing this. Hope this will help.

DavidH25

tennisshoes is on to something. It has happened to me. If you can get some gas out, especially from the bottom of the tank, by taking it from the rail, put it in a glass jar and see if gas floats on water. Also go back to the station and ask if anybody has the same complaint..problem being they will probably deny any complaints but you can try. If worse come to worse, there may be a way of finding other people that bought gas at the same place. How? Yikes I don't know but if possible..

yourmarklar
10

thank you tennisshoes and davidh25 ill post what i find out. you guys have been helpful

45,605

Sounds like a bad fuel pump. If it was bad gas, I would expect to see stranded cars all around the station. Either way, it sounds like a fuel problem. An ignition problem wouldn't let it start a couple more times.

12,815

Ten is on to something. It's like its building pressure at key on but as soon as it starts the pressure gets consumed and the pump isn't keeping up.