I was haveing break problems the peddle would seez up and i would here a electric motor sound

cjwilkins
0

Asked by cjwilkins Mar 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM about the GMC Sierra 1500

The truck would keep moving I hit a car in the parking lot and then the brakes worked fine. I can't trust the brakes So I pulled the abs fuse out and seems to be ok will this be ok with out the abs motor not working? Thanks Chris

45,545

The electric motor sound you heard was the ABS system cycling the brakes hundreds of times per minute. I heard it once when attempting to stop on glare ice. (BTW, I came to a stop in the middle of a intersection. Not cool blowing through a Stop sign) --- Your ABS system failed. Pulling the fuse removed it's functions and probably lit the ABS dash light. You can get it checked out and obtain a replacement estimate. It's not going to be cheap.

Best Answer
45,545

There is no law to get it fixed. I hardy ever use mine and personally I wouldn't repair it.