406 just wont start

Bryon Martin
25

Asked by Bryon Apr 09, 2010 at 05:53 PM about the Peugeot 406

any 1 have any ideas to why my 406hdi 110bhp 2L wont start off the key

Matt Żołnik
25

you need re-program key

jonnyboy
0

omg just had same problem with my Pug 406 dont think bad straight away though i looked through all these answeres and just saw pounds disapearing but just had the very very nice man from the AA come to visit he put a few literes of fuel in my car and away it went, lmfao dont trust your fuel guage it needs to be over a quarter full if your car is older or has high milage. hope this helps

Paul Matthews
1,915

I like jonnyboy's answre very much, it is all to easy to get fooled into thinking there are major issues when a simple solution is often required. Go back to basics - with Diesel engines fuel flow is essential. Check that there is fuel seen in the clear plastic pipes if you can see bubbles of air continuously flowing whilst cranking then you may have an air leak. You could check also to see there are no fault codes stored, this could lead you in the right direction!! Finally have the 'Glow plugs' checked, either with a meter by doing a continuity test or the old way of removing and supplying a positve feed and an earth to the body of the plug and see if it glows red.. not to be tried unless you are quite competent and aware of the risks of personal injury.