hi my names Scott Richards i have a Corsa B 1.6 16v x16xe i have a idle problem to, when im sittin at a standstill it idles between 400 an 1000 and when i drive an put clutch in to stop at islands etc

dknuttyscotty
0

Asked by dknuttyscotty Nov 14, 2011 at 10:46 AM about the Vauxhall Corsa

hi my names Scott Richards i have a Corsa B 1.6 16v x16xe i have a idle problem to, when im sittin at a standstill it idles between 400 an 1000 and when i drive an put clutch in to stop at islands etc an the revs drop it cuts out, i can start the car again fine no problem and whilst driving the engine management light comes on but no performance is lost but the rough idle is still there, ive blanked off the egr valve, change idle valve, coil pack, ht leads, checkd all vacum pipes for splits checkd all gaskets too, changed maf sensor everything but no matter what i seem todo it just keep idleing rough ive pulled that little metal clip on throttle cable to hold revs up alittle but still bounces but sometimes  very rarely its ok for 2 mins, and i heard a backfire twice now everytime my engine management light comes on but like i said starts everytime!!!! PLEASE HELP! ive ownd the car for over 3 years now an its starting to do my head in spent way to much to sell it heres a pic :) please someone HELPPPPPPP

MrRocket12
385

Hello Okay so you’ve checked for vacuum leaks and replaced the map sensor on the intake manifold? You failed to mention what has been done to the motor and what management you’re running. I suggest a piggy back or stand-alone management with a dyno tune at a professional tuning shop. And see if that won’t sort things out. Once had a similar problem and it turned out the management I was running at the time needed a separate unit just to make the car idle. From what I understand from your description it sounds just like what I had. The backfires indicates too lean conditions and I would recommend the car be dyno tuned. Even get an AFR gauge with the heated lambda in the exhaust and you can monitor exactly what the fuelling condition is when the car gives the trouble. Also perhaps did you have a look at your fuel pressure regulator for sufficient pressure at idle vacuum?

Stuart Curtis
35

have you plugged it into diagnostics to remove all faults as well as doing all what MrRocket12 has said