ARE THE GMC ENVOY'S GOOD VEHICLES

MSLADY38
0

Asked by MSLADY38 Dec 20, 2010 at 07:18 PM about the GMC Envoy

ARE THE GMC ENVOY 'S OVERALL A GOOD VEHICLE

drb1126
10

I love my Envoy, however I dispise GMC. Granted, I purchased my car used, but my spare tire is rusted and cannot be removed from the vehicle without cutting the cable that holds it up. I do not want to take up my precious cargo space with a spare riding in the hatch. Took it to a local dealership, was quoted $275 to repair. I contacted GM headquarters Customer Service, spoke with "Maria" ... she said that GM is aware of the issue, but "because of the way the car was designed, water and moisture gets up in the lowering mechinism and causes the cable to rust..." but they refuse to repair it ... claiming it "isn't anything they did" ... if they know it rust, why dont they fix it ... so to answer your question, yes the GMC Envoy is an overall good vehicle, the company however IS NOT!!! Go Toyota ... my cousin's 4Runner (also a 2002) had the same issue last summer, and Toyota fixed it, no problem, no questions.