passlock

Calvin52
25

Asked by Calvin52 Dec 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM about the GMC Canyon

truck stalled on restart after a short trip and would not restart after that

stranded in desperation i unhooked the battery too reset and it did start

i think it was a passlock issue but now my door locks no longer work

any ideas

tia
kevin

29,525

You don't mention the year but the door locks should not be related. The keyfob may no longer activate them if the BCM does not recognize the RF signal, but they should work manually or electrically using the switch. You may have simply blown the fuse for the door locks. Check that first before having a dealership check the BCM for problems.

Justin Hatfield
2,975

This is a common problem on GM vehicles. I have been dealing with these systems for years. Through much trial and error i have found that BYPASSING these systems is alot more cost effective than trying to diagnose and fix them. The cost is too high and mechanics tend to replace as many things as they can before fixing it. Here is a link to educate and guide you in the right direction. This IS something you can fix yourself and once bypassed will NEVER be an issue again. http://vatspasslockpasskeysecurityhelp.yolasite.com/