buying a G37X sedan

Woodydragon24
0

Asked by Woodydragon24 Mar 02, 2011 at 09:11 AM about the Infiniti G37

Considering buying either a 2009 or 2010 G37X are there any issues I need to be concerned about on this model?

kmmuelle
15

Nothing major; however, there seems to be a number of Infiniti service bulletins addressing cars going into "limp-home" mode. My 2009 G37x coupe randomly went into limp-home mode during my drive to work and it can be quite nerve-racking. That being said, limp-home is better than being stuck on the side of the road. A quick ECU reflash solved the problem, after being towed by Infiniti road-side assistance to the dealership.

Joshua Duris
45

First off this is a great car on par with the best in class! It was able to take down the reigning champ the BMW 3 series in a recent Motortrend test. I have owned my G37X sedan over 2 years now and have only two issues. Number one is the Infiniti service cost is $$$$$. Based on the few services I have done at the dealer I estimate the maintenance cost to be nearly $10,000 for every 100,000 kms! Complete crap I must say nowhere else have I seen such a ridiculous service schedule. The other problem I had is the front rotors were warped badly after a trip through the mountains at only 20,000km on the car. Unfortunately you cannot get the upsized rotors on the AWD car.