Any fix for S-tronic shift?

Dani Razmgah
25

Asked by Dani Jan 30, 2011 at 04:45 AM about the Audi A5

I have an Audi A5 2.o T Quattro S-tronic, which is really nice and good in many ways. The only problem is that the S-Tronic
gearbox malfunctioning bad at low speeds. Eg when I run up to 70 km per hour and come to the roundabout and must slow down,
but not stop, at the recent gas and run, I get no response in the gas, because the gearbox is still in the 3rd or 4th gear. Some
times it's been really close to get run over by another car. According to Audi, this is normal and nothing wrong !!??!! How can
Audi call themselves a premium brand, saying that such behavior on a car is normal?

kurobuta
0

i have the same problem in my 2009 A4. I have been in several near accidents because the transmission is in the wrong gear. i complained to the dealer about this several times.. finally they did some type of software upgrade in the transmission.. and it helped but, it is still far from safe. instead of using "D", i often drive in "S".. but the problem is now, that when driving slowly, the transmission doesn't want to shift from 2nd to 3rd.. so 2nd gear winds out.. I often use the paddle shifter to move it to 3rd gear manually. such a disappointment. i should've gotten a true automatic.. or gotten the BMW 3-series instead.. good luck with your problem.. i hope audi addresses this somehow.