I have 1995 chevy lumina 3.1 engine 6 cylinder. My car currently will not start at all after four mechanics looked at it. Before this my security light was on every once in a while then became frequent. Then started to where i would go tp start it n at first wouldn crank up, so i try again then cranked up.. after that it just prolonged to hours of tryin before it worked. I've tried the one method of bypassing with leaving on til the security light stays on but that stopped working. so the last day i went to start it n it took a hour of tryin before it worked and as approaching a stop light it just stopped n hasn't worked since.. My first mechanic checked a lot the security module, ignition key switch, new key, computer n all but no luck... Then the other mechanics tried the starter, altinator n fuses but still no luck... i have one last mechanic now tryin but really dont want to keep waistin my time been without a car for four months... PLEASE HELP!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??????

Raven2010
0

Asked by Raven2010 Jan 07, 2013 at 01:33 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina

joef
2,985

You need to check the ignition switch!! The security system is wired to the ignition switch and if the security module is malfunctioning or is removed or bypassed, it can absolutely act like this!!! Tell the mechanic he needs to check the ignition switch because the security system is probably wired to it!

Raven2010
0

Is the ignition switch the same as the natural safety switch?? or is that water yuan get when yuan buy a new key??

4,785

The GM security systems is the anti-theft device that keeps owners out of their car more than criminals. I havent heard of a sucessful way to bypass the system but if its taken to a GM dealer they can fix it. They will have to reflash the system and get you a new key. For now have you tried cleaning the contacts on your key?

Raven2010
0

Yes that what i figured but GM whoo i got to save.. n yes I've tried cleaning the contacts on the key but there was no luck...

Scblady
0

Get it dienogas my did the same and it was my fuel tank ser.