95 chevy impala ss engine wont turn off when i turn the ignition key off

sbachman
10

Asked by sbachman Feb 03, 2013 at 01:18 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Impala

judge_roy

It is "dieseling". Chances are it is running HOT, and/or lean. Usually if you put it back in gear, it will mellow out. The solution would be to decerase the operating temperature by putting a cooler thermostat in, or enrich you mixture.

sbachman
10

no not dieseling and its not too lean.. i checked that.. it just will not shut off.. cold or hot and i have a key fault pass dash light on dash that wont go off??

judge_roy

Well, apparently we've a sticking relay on our hands. How do you normally shut 'er down? gun it with the parking brake engaged?...and walk away? Does this 'kill' the battery? Does tuckin in for a nite sleep keep draining the battery?

45,645

http://www.fixya.com/search/p693373-chevrolet_1995_caprice_classic/pass_key_fault

judge_roy

very famous problem.