does the abs make a strange grinding noise

Phil Paynter
95

Asked by Phil Feb 06, 2009 at 11:11 AM about the 2005 Nissan X-Trail

in the snow the other day when i put the brakes on it was like a loud grinding noise any ideas should i worry

Steven Kilvington
0

I would not worry, its the abs system altering the braking pressure to stop you slipping, it should mak the peddle judder a little

Seth-Tabitha Hagen
795

no, dont worry. the ABS can make all sorts of grinding/grunting noises when the abs modulator and pump are running. This is completely normal, even though it can sound pretty bad when it happens.