door latches stuck in lock position

scotty67
25

Asked by scotty67 Oct 18, 2007 at 12:01 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Beretta

need help to unlock doors asap door latches are stuck in the locked position and wont latch onto the striker,,,,

25,045

Had this happen to me once with a GMC pickup. Try having someone pull up on the handle or press the button while you work the latch assembly from the side of the door. It will take some jiggling but you should be able to reset the latches this way.

Dan McCaig
225

stick a screw driver into the spot where the latching post would be and pop it open while you work the door handle should get it no prob

hardestworker01
10

Thanks alot. It worked like a charm!