is there an indicator that lets you know whena 2005 ford escape on demand awd goes into 4 wheel drive?

rick0127
0

Asked by rick0127 Feb 21, 2013 at 06:05 PM about the 2005 Ford Escape

Ilregal

Well, a all wheel drive is a four wheel drive and all the time.

rick0127
0

I may not have been clear. When the vehicle detects slippage on the front wheels and then sends power to the back wheels does it have a dashboard indicator that shows that it is now in 4 wheel drive

49,585

No, there is no indicator light. The vehicle is always in 4 wheel drive. You may feel the power shifting to the axle with traction if you are really pushing it in the loose stuff. In normal driving at normal speeds, you probably won't feel anything. --- After a snow fall, find a empty parking lot and take some turns. Get a feel for what your AWD is and does. Stay away from poles, curbs and parked cars.

Best Answer
rick0127
0

Thanks. That makes sense. I will try the parking lot experiment.