On my corsa club 2002, a warning light has appeared after a certain amount of jittering whilst in transit, the light looks like a car with a spanner through it, what is it and how do I get it fixed?

geddy22
0

Asked by geddy22 Apr 16, 2012 at 02:11 PM about the 2002 Vauxhall Corsa

Ian Bowerman
15

Its a service light, it means your car needs a service.

Matt Wilkinson
5

the light that looks like a car with a spanner through it is linked to these things Engine electronics, transmission electronics 3, diesel fuel filter 3, immobiliser

Ian Mitchell
45

the light means engine management, best solution is by use of a digital diagnostic tester, this reads the engine management codes and detects any sensor faults or electronic problems, a code is given for particular parts, find a fault code to rectify the defect, most garages have the testing equipment and the up to date software to read the fault codes, worth while getting done as the car won't run properly until the fault is detected,repaired and the engine management light reset