Bumper Problem! Help needed...

Gemma Hughes
0

Asked by Gemma May 30, 2008 at 01:54 PM about the 2000 Vauxhall Corsa

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2000 vauxhall Corsa Envoy in British Racing Green.  At the moment it has black plastic bumpers on the back and front.  However, i wanted to get BR Green ones to match the rest of the car. Does anyone know where on the net or what types of shops sell these? Also are they easy to fit/ could i do it myself?

Help appreciated!

Cheers Gemma, UK

Daniel Reed
1,485

You could take it to a body/paint shop and have them sanded and painted to match.

Gemma Hughes
0

cheers i didnt know they could do that! thanx for the response

David Nichols
25

Hey Gemma, Have you ever seen a Corsa with a BR Green bumper? I haven't. I doubt if anyone moulds them in this coloured plastic. Also, it is a huge job to change bumpers. So I have suggestion. Why not look for some dye/stain/paint that would convert the black to British Racing Green. If you can find such a thing...then you could do the job yourself and it would have to be much more economical. Maybe even shoe polish would do the job??? Justa thought. DLN in OZ

Euan Naylor
25

Hi The only way to colour code bumpers of any type is to have them respayed. You could spary them yourself with spray cans, but the best way is to get a body shop to code them for you. It may cost a bit but they will get a better finish from their spray guns than you will ever get from a aerosol can. hope this helps Euan.

Jay Ogilvie
15

dont listn to david about dye respay is the only way u shud be lookin about £150 a bumper if garage is any good any cheaper and they mite not do a good job..............P.S. polish will only send the bumper crap white go for respray