have a starting related problem with my 99

99crewcab
0

Asked by 99crewcab May 08, 2008 at 05:08 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem,
good battery, intermitant power to starter, starter replaced, not fixed..
anyone have any thoughts,
thankx for any help,

Ty Elliott
735

have you tried taking your alternator off and cleaning it out? just take a pressure washer to it and spray some goo be gone in it and give that a try thanks for playing

Larry Thibert
1,290

dude,very common problem, if your doing this yourself crawl under the truck on the drivers side and look up at the side of the transmission at the neutral safety switch...these are chaeply made (plastic) disconnect the harness from the switch and inspect closely...any sign of corroded wiring replace the switch and the harness...both pieces available from gm...about $95.00 for both.....hopefully this helps

David Schultz
270

funny enough i just ran into this problem the other week... cust was complaining of the same problem, it took three techs to fiqure this one out.. it turned out to be a problem with the ingnition switch wiring... it turned out that the wiring on those trucks get hot and burn inside the sheeting, so you get poor contact... i would go and get it replaced right away otherwise you can bugger up the starter, and even the saftey nutrual switch... dopn't worry not that expensive to fix

Paul Board
305

check your GROUNDS

Graham McFarland
25

nope ours runs like new, even tho we beat the shit out of it.

Kendra Philp
5

I have a 2000 silverado and I am having the same problem! I'll have to check those two thing out. Thanks

Trippin1
30

Having intermittent starting problems. Turn the key and get nothing not even a click. Been in the shop twice the past month. Was told the switch on these trucks is not a common problem. Starter was changed, the negative connection to the battery was changed. I'm apprehensive about driving it anywhere, scared it's going to leave me stranded again and another tow truck bill. What would you suggest to have the switch checked?