When I turn a corner or go over a speed bump, my 2008 Sienna van sometimes sounds as if it's going into neutral, and then it's really slow moving and shifting. Is it a transmission problem?

koontzfamily
0

Asked by koontzfamily Aug 27, 2013 at 06:57 PM about the 2008 Toyota Sienna

The problem I'm having doesn't occur all the time.  I'm teaching my 16-year-old daughter
how to drive, and this is really annoying for both of us.  My son drove the van - our
mechanic drove the van - it didn't happen when they drove it. Can this be fixed without
having to replace the transmission?

judge_roy

I'd grab a woodblock and floor jack to look for a cracked motor/transmission mount...will post a few choices if you cannot put a finger on a source for these~

judge_roy

transmission mount~

judge_roy

motor mount---use the floorjack to find the fault in these~

yetilikesbeer
3,155

Slow shifting eh. ??? Thats a wierd one. Loose filter in the tranny? The filter might shift with the fluid sloshing around and the pump might suck a little air? Hope it's something wierd and simple and not the tranny going.

judge_roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89zhCl2eZ4

yetilikesbeer
3,155

Watched the vid. If it's doing that then yah, wow motor mount. The ones you have pictured are for the front. If it rocks like in the vid you need the rear mount, the evil mount, the very evil mount.