air wont blow through vents

db
25

Asked by db May 12, 2007 at 01:21 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Astro

LouB
11,570

Hi db! Help us help you! It would be helpful to know if you are talking about drawing outside air in, or air conditioned air, or heat ... It would also be helpful to know if the blower fans is operating. Drop us some more info and we'll see what we can figure out!

celica_gt_pimp
95

I am having the same issue. the fan works, I get air through the defrost and the floor vents. By air I mean a breeze no matter heat or A/C. When i switch from feet to defrost I hear something moving, and it makes me think that something is restricting it from allowing the whatever it is to open. What do I do from here? Thank you.

celica_gt_pimp
95

Mine is a cobalt I don't know if that matters.

Jeff Leeper

there is a vacuum controlled mechanism under the dash that closes off the defrost to get air blowing through the vents. either a vacuum line is disconnected (possible after installing a stereo) or the mechanism itself has become detached.

lvvolvo
20

To whom it may concern: I own a 1999 chevy astro van and it also had no air blowing thru the vents, only the defrost vents even though the blower motor was operating. The solution is to replace 3 vacuum hose that are on the passenger side front of the vehicle, to the left of the radiator. These hoses have deteriorated from heat. This will cure no air from vents.