2000 Silverado wont start

martknip
15

Asked by martknip Dec 29, 2009 at 01:54 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Hello the truck is the v6 2000, changed the fuel filter the other one was clogged seriously, and they are sparks at the spark plugs, before this issue happend i parked my truc,k and it was running just fine when i parked it but in the morning when i tried it turned but does not start.....anf the temp was at 37degrees ferenheit.... plugs smel like gas, but one thing i noticed is that the fire on the plugs where more orange than red blue spark...Maybe distributor cap??
thank you

Dan Lack
35

Check the fuel pressure on the truck should be around 58-60 p.s.i those truck have alot of problems with fuel pumps. you still might get pressure but not enough for the truck to run.If you are getting spark to the plugs its more likey a fuel problem, also the 4.3L vortec V6 has spider injectors and the fuel pressure regulator tends to leak on them,and the injectors do tend to have problems too. hope this helps

Delana Coates
10

Need to know on 2000 Silverado where the fuel pressure regulator is located at?