Where can I replace my housing for my ignition?

Mandasue1
5

Asked by Mandasue1 Feb 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet Malibu

My ignition won't switch to off just payed a locksmith 200 to replace ignition, but it still won't switch to off :( he said it
was a housing problem he still took my money though. Does anybody know where I can get this fixed for as cheap
as possible? Please and thanks!
Manda sue

DavidH25

Unfortunately, as much as I don't like to recommend dealers, this may be one for the dealer. You got taken by that locksmith, for $200 should include re keying door. And he didn't fix it, no harm in asking for your money back but I doubt it will happen. Then call BBB and get him on a list of rip off locksmiths, and write a scathing post on Angie's list.

Best Answer
Mandasue1
5

I Asked for the money back and that's definitely a no go, but I will call BBB! A chevy dealership will be able to help? Thank you for responding I really appreciate it!

Rosezanne
0

I also have that same problem. Did you get it fix, and how much did the dealer charge!