I have a 1960 Buick lesabre with a 360 wildcat..I'm looking to put a new carburetor in it. What would be the best carb to install

sherm52
0

Asked by sherm52 Feb 01, 2013 at 09:12 AM about the 1960 Buick LeSabre

DavidH25

What is on it now? A 2bbl or 4 or what? To answer I need to know what intake manifold is on it

judge_roy

Isn't this one of those ALL-Aluminum dandies, block, heads, manifold. Do you plan to put a racing top end on this? It's a beautiful vehicle already. Would like to advise AGAINST putting anything that sways from the original design. This would not HELP the resale value- This car ROCKS already. Do you really need to make into a racer? Could NEVER improve this resale value-

DavidH25

Umm, ya know sherm Bob has an excellent point there...can't argue with that

judge_roy

Where do you quit? Oversize camshaft?. Dome pistons? Solid State ignition?

DavidH25

Bolt on supercharger after swapping out the entire top end for FI

judge_roy

Wash the windows, shine the paint, Spend your dough on comfortable seats, improved stereo what uses the old chassis (to keep the same look). Isn't this one of those backwards speedometer, must look into the mirror design. groovy!

45,615

A 1960 Buick most likely had a Rochester 4 barrel. You could replace with another Rochester carb or a Holley. Your other choice is to find a fat, old mechanic that's missing a few molars that still remembers how to rebuild and set one of those carbs. - --- My first real job was at Rochester Products building two barrel carbs.