I hve a 2008 dodge charger tht has this funny looking key not a regular key it will not start all lights wrk headlight interior n dash does anyone have any idea what could be my problem?

nisy252
0

Asked by nisy252 Oct 02, 2013 at 11:32 PM about the 2008 Dodge Charger

Ronc258
2,570

What do you mean by funny looking key? do'es it have the chip in it? or are you talking about the key for the passenger air bag?

operator_13

perhaps your system needs a reset...I believe that if you hold the tripodometer down while turning the ignition off, and to the "on" position five times, then release the trip, the ECU will be reset...not sure exactly if this works on your model...but it couldn't hurt anything~

Phil Nielsen
235

have you ever changed the battery in the key?

Ronc258
2,570

Phil you mean the battery in the key fob? there is no battery in the key

Ronc258
2,570

have you checked all the battery conections and the battery it self is 5 years old. What happens when you try to start it doe's it click and won't turn over? Just because your lights come on does not mean there is not enough power in the battery or the connection dirty can do the same

Ronc258
2,570

I think we all need more info to help you with this problem

nisy252
0

Car is turning on fine now was the starter relay

Ronc258
2,570

Good glad to hear you got it going It is hard to tell some times with the info people give you. You did not say it would not turn over just said will not start

operator_13

yes...well there are "knock-off" labels on the top of the battery indicating the date of it's first charge~

Ronc258
2,570

WTF are you talking about operator_13?

operator_13

Ronald...did you ever notice the label on top of every battery....it has a year and a month...these are notations of the date of it's very first charge...that's "WTF"...jeez, if you were not so ignorant about what these things are that we deal with...ahem...MY pop has been in the automotive battery business for thirty five years...divorces where the dame took the farm have left him working a full-time job at the age of 70~ that's what the F*CK...dude...and I thought that you were my friend~ ronald~

operator_13

this is how we know that the LEAD batteries should be ALL out of circulation, and the new tin/antimony alloy batteries silently replaced all that LEAD while you weren't lookin'~