Key repair

nate_dog12
0

Asked by nate_dog12 Dec 02, 2012 at 02:02 AM about the 2008 Dodge Charger

My friend has a 2008 Dodge charger. When she tried to start it, she would turn the key and a little red light would turn on under the gas gauge, it would not start at all.
What do I need to do?

Dan Connell
4,375

Some thing is causing a fault in the vehicle security system. Does that key lock and unlock the doors? If not its the wrong key and the ignition interlock module is not reading the chip in the key FOB.

4,745

is it the low fuel light?

carguy03
95

My is doing the same thing with some other issues. The airbag light just came on and after i tried to disconnect the battery every dash light came on and now that its stopped doing that i have the small red light under the fuel gage. Car wont stay running just starts and dies.I used my second set of keys and it started and drove fine.As soon as i turned it off im right back to the same issue.Im told the body control module or the front control module

Michael Anderson
20

My 2008 Magnum was dead as a door nail. I did the self test form a post i read earlier and now it works fine. With the key off, hold in the trip odometer button while turning the key to the on position. It will run it's own diagnostics check and may resolve the issue. Good luck.