Looking for an '86-'87 2-door

MrBlueOval
2,835

Asked by MrBlueOval Jul 12, 2012 at 05:20 PM about the 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

OK, This isn't really a tech question but I'm getting desperate. I'm looking for a mid 1980's Ford LTD Crown Victoria  2-door. The last year for the 2 door was 1987. I prefer an '86 or '87 if possible only because those 2 years had the 5.0L  electronic fuel injection but even an '79-'85 carburated earlier model will work as i can change it over if I have to.   It should be Black, Silver or Red and fairly low mileage too with cloth velour interior and power windows, locks, tilt, air cond. etc. No cheapy base models.  Does anyone know where there's one for sale???    I'm in Chicago Illinois but I'll go anywhere in the country or even in Canada to find the right car ?    I've looked all over on cargurus, ebay and other cars for sale sites but nothing has come up.    It has to be a 2 door, I've already got a 4 door but I really want a 2 door coupe.. Here's a brochure from 1982

MrBlueOval
2,835

Hi again, You can't edit these posts once they are posted so here's a Correction: Sorry, the pic above is a real nice looking 1986 on a used car lot, I would buy that one but as far as I know it's been sold and it is an old picture from a year ago. I recently found a red one at a used car lot in Virginia but it's got a lot of miles and it'skind of beat up, the interior is trashed and it's not really what I want so I'll keep that one in mind but I'm still looking. I would really like to find a black one with a black or red or gray interior. I found a clean black '82 or '83 in Idaho but that had the infamous Ford varible venturi carb that was a nightmare from day one, plus this one had other mechanical issues and the guy was asking over $4000 which way too much for it, though It did look nice in the pics but had a weird front seat that looked like it was from another car, so again, I'm still looking. here's my email if you can help and Here's the photo I was gonna put up with the original posting above. Thanks Kenny / fordaholic69@yahoo.com.

Lynne Friedlander-Hummel
10

if you are still looking..i have a 87 2 door, black w/burgundy interior that i will be selling. it is loaded, AC even works, needs paint job but otherwise great car. 120K original miles, was purchased new in 87 by my mother & i acqured the car when she passed away in 2004. hate to part with it but need to since i just purchased a "somewhat" more fuel efficient 2003 CVI from a friend who needed $$ & gave me a great price on it.

MrBlueOval
2,835

Lynne, I'm still looking and I don't care about gas mileage. I wouldn't be driving it only a few miles a day. Actually like to get a black one with burgundy velour interior car. I looked at a black/burgundy one with only 53K orig. one owner miles on it here locally but he wanted WAY too much money for it. It was in excellent shape and looked like a brand new car, not even a tiny scratch or parking lot ding anywhere on the car, nice and shiny too and it would be a shame to use it for a daily driver but he thought he had a real collectable car that was worth thousands, so I passed on it. He wouldn't budge on the price either. Wanted a small fortune for it so yeah I'm still looking. 120K miles is a little hgher than I wanted to go. I was hoping for a car with 100K miles or less but I might be interested if the price is right and you're not too far away. Where is the car located and how much you asking? Any pics? You can contact me directly at fordaholic69@yahoo.com with more details and your contact info. Thanks, Kenny.

Michael Tutty
4,365

IF you can find one, try for the 87, but not the 5.0. It is worth the hunt to find one with the 5.8 HO that was available in Canada. They even built some with the Trailer Tow III package, and that transforms the car! They are incredibly fast, good handling, and CHEAP on gas!

Best Answer
jaylack84
0

I have a 1984 silver and grey two tone with burgandy interior i woulkd be willing to sell. 41k original florida car. elderley owned up until i got it in september. if interested jaylack84@gmail.com

Lorenzo Hampton
0

I'm looking for a 1982 crown Vic 2 door coupe I had one about 10 years ago all black with red inter and a 5.0 in it if u can let me kno were I can get one plz let me kno I'm willing to trade or buy thank u

Kevin T
0

Been there done that bud! LOL... 14 years ago... :)

Kevin T
0

And this pic...

Kevin T
0

And this one...

MrBlueOval
2,835

cool car, but unfortunately that still doesn't help me. But thanks for the pics anyway, still looking for the right car. I'll be selling my 2 owner pampered rose colored '89 LTD Crown Vic LX 4-door in the spring so might have to wait ubntil then. I had the cash but stuff happens. , Kenny aka: fordaholic69@yahoo.com

zorba78
20

want a 1987 2 door with 1000 original miles on it? brown. 7017400958

MrBlueOval
2,835

Send me some pics and a price then we can talk. Kenny. fordaholic69@yahoo.com

kyexpress
0

I have a '87 crown vic coupe 5.0 83,000 miles, garaged, like new inside and out, grey w/burgundy int. 4 new firestone tires. 2nd owner, service records, in storage for the winter! asking $6,000 firm! email if you want pics. kyexpress@aol.com

Glass Ankles
10

wichita craigslist has an 82 with 52k miles. he is asking 5500

MrBlueOval
2,835

I looked on Wichita craigslist and couldn't find the car, What's the URL (internet address) of the ad?

MrBlueOval
2,835

I will assume that it's Wichita, Kansas ?

Glass Ankles
10

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4341004506.html

MrBlueOval
2,835

Ok, got it. Thanks, but that car is tan and I'm specifically looking for a black or burgundy car, maybe dark blue or silver. It's a clean car but I don't think I could live with that tan color, plus it's overpriced, especially for that color... I never cared for brown, tan or green colored cars but thanks anyway, STILL LOOKING.

zorba78
20

sold