The tension is to tighten the serpintine belt. I can't find anything on how to loosen it on ask.com or YouTube. Anything could help at this point 2002 Malibu

Ankerr420
0

Asked by Ankerr420 Feb 25, 2013 at 01:57 AM about the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu

82,725

You want to de-tension your belt tensioner. Get a wrench on the bolt head and turn it one way or the other to move it slightly to get the belt off. I don't have the Malibu engine diagram to help you, maybe others can comment.

7jimmy7
10,625

its spring loaded to spring toward tight,one hand to pull on wrench the other to slide belt sideways off pully, remember the configeration or make drawing,for new install

mik4634
10

belt not correct size

49,745

X2 on that wrong belt size. A ten year old tensioner should not be too tight.

Ankerr420
0

I changed the alternator. Same belt the alternator us exact match from the last one. Same belt same size pulley. Still think its the belt?

Ankerr420
0

What I ment was I changed out the alternator. And installed a new one. The new one is exact to the old one, pulley and all. Why would the belt be too small?? Same belt too. Isn't threre a way to loosen the belt for good? Like a way to adjust a pulley?

7jimmy7
10,625

your stringing it wrong or its not in the little grooves

Jason Zane
3,135

from what u say.. it could be a miss-routed belt or the alternator is slightly out of place.